Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Go Canucks Management!

It would seem that while teams like Ottawa, Chicago and even Pittsburgh have been out improving their teams, the Canucks management has once again decided to take a back seat, not only in the draft, but in the signing of free agents. Now, I'm not one to complain - oh wait, yes I am - and let me tell you, this is despicable. I wrote a post a little while ago warning everybody that the Dominator might not quite be his dominating self with Ottawa, and that Sens fans shouldn't get their hopes up. But now that we've all been enlightened as to the strategical workings of Dave Nonis and our precious Canucks, I'd say that Sens fans have it very good. You know, there was a time when I thought we were going to get Hasek, and if not Hasek, perhaps Lalime. Both goalies would have made a heck of a better show than Cloutier (in case you are not aware, I am a Cloutier hater). But don't worry folks... Dave Nonis has something better for us.... he has a Wade Flaherty! A Wade Who-The-Freak-Is-Flaherty! Oh woooonderful! Well, unless Nonis does something pretty fast, we're looking at yet another season of dashed hopes and broken hearts. I don't think any of the Flahertys, Aitkens or Gorens are going to provide us with a Stanley Cup, folks.

Oh well, there's always 2006...