Sunday, July 11, 2004

Crazy Hockey Happenings...

There are lots of crazy things going on with hockey lately. Vinny Lecavalier is going to replace Steve Yzerman at the World Cup. I don't really have a problem with that, but it is too bad that Stevie Y. can't play. Also, Mike Ricci signing with the Coyotes is quite something, and Mark Recchi playing for the Penguins again??? Sheesh, I can't believe the cash-strapped Penguins would shell out $3 million a year for him! However... he'll definitely be in my hockey pool come September...
Lemieux... to Recchi... SCORES!

But perhaps the wierdest story of all can be found here:
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Former NHL enforcer Tony Twist has been awarded $15 million US by a jury that found Spawn creator Todd McFarlane profited by using Twist's name without his permission.


I don't think Tony Twist made $15 million bucks over his entire career! Geez!


Anyone with comic book knowledge should let me know if anyone used the name "A-Nizzle Drizzle-R-E-to th' Wizzle". I could sue and make a fortune!