Saturday, July 17, 2004

Al-Crapjeera

So, it looks like the Arabic news network Al-Jazeera will be available in Canada. Well that's just great. Another anti-american network to go along with CBC! Watch out Mansbridge, you've got competition now!!!!!
Actually, in a weird way I think this is a good thing. I wish the CRTC wasn't so stupid about their rules and regulations. There is tons of stuff that networks aren't allowed to show because it violates regulations. This sucks ass, and it needs to change.
It is somewhat hypocritical though for the CRTC to allow this obviously anti-semetic and anti-western station in Canada. If they are willing to let them broadcast in Canada, they should open the floodgates and let everything in (See Monger for more details on the CRTC).


I, for one, will utilize my free choice not to watch anything I don't want to. It's not up to the CRTC to decide what I watch, it is up to me. I've got the power to change the channel if something offends me, and with the Al-crapjeera network, I think I'll just choose not to watch.