Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Another day... another dollar?

Today has been a fascinating day indeed. I started off the day by sucking the grease out of the grease trap at Louise's Kitchen, followed by a quick carpet job in Telkwa. I then accompanied a co-worker to a house cleaning job in town. I worked there from 10:30 until a little after 1, then I did a coupel more carpet jobs to finish my day. The other guy stayed at the house working until 4:30 (presumably) and he did not finish what he was supposed to! GRRRRR! He's a good guy, but he's a SLOW ASS worker, and it is really frustrating. I bid six hours for the job (plus two for the carpet, so eight altogether), and I told the lady that with two people it should be done in a day. She won't be very pleased, and I don't blame her. I don't understand it... all he had left was to wipe down the walls on the first floor, clean the furnace room (she even said it didnt have to be perfect), clean the bathroom, and make sure all the cupboards in the kitchen were cleaned inside and out. Should that really take more than four hours??? I don't think so, yet he told the secretary that there was a couple more hours left on the job! Sheesh! That house had better be absolutely sparkling, because there can be no other justification for being so slow!


At any rate, I had a carpet job at 2, and another at 4. The two o'clock job took me over two hours, and when I arrived at the last job, I realized that I had left my vacuum wand at the other house! D'oh! So I drive all the way across town back to the other house (fortunately the 4:00 job was an unoccupied appartment), but the woman had left the house and locked the door! EL BITTAR! By the time I stole the other wand from the other van, it was 5:00, and I didn't finished until 6:15! A good ten hour day! That is the first time I have ever left a piece of equipment at a jobsite. Oops!
Tomorrow I've got on carpet job in the morning, and then a big waxing job at Camp Caledonia near Telkwa. The guy I am working with is the night supervisor. He does most of the wax jobs for the company. He is off the wall! It should be interesting, because he gets stressed easily and it willbe a long day. I can't wait.


Sorry for the uber-post, but I had a lot to say about work today.