Thursday, June 07, 2007

Flooding in Smithers

I finally managed enough time to snap a few pics of the Bulkley river in Smithers. The first two are taken from the Bulkley bridge (facing north and south respectively)





The next two are of the River FloodedRiverside Par Three Golf Course. The tenth hole (click to enlarge and you can see the flag center-left).



Hole 12 (foreground) and I'm thinking holes 15 and 16 in the background:




I'm supposed to be doing some work in Hazelton tomorrow, and I'll bring along my camera and take some pictures and update this post. Apparently the Moricetown canyon looks incredible (it is downstream of these pictures), and Old Hazelton is the location where the Bulkley meets the Skeena river. I can only imagine what that must look like.

As well, I'll have to go to Telkwa later on in the day, and I should be able to get some shots of Eddy Park (where the sandbaggers have been quite busy), as well as the Coalmine Road Bridge (which spans the Bulkley), and the train bridge that crosses Telkwa River.