Sunday, February 11, 2007

"Routine" Surgery

On Wednesday morning, I went into the Bulkley Valley District hospital for what was supposed to be a routine hernia repair. I've had the operation before, almost two years ago to the day, actually. It went very well and I was back on my feet in no time.

Unfortunately, there were some complications this time around, and my "day" surgery turned into a five day ordeal complete with blood clots, internal bleeding, a Foley catheter (which really builds character in a man... really.), a swollen and bruised mid-section, and enough drugs to stun a horse.

Sufficed to say, I have returned home in an exceedingly weary state, and won't be up for much of anything the next little while. Perhaps I'll post more of the ugly details later, but maybe not.

Thankfully the Canucks hung on last night. That brings me a little bit of joy in the midst of all this shunt.