Thursday, January 13, 2005

All systems functioning within established parameters.

I'm about nine hours removed from the hospital, and feeling good.

Aw, who am I kidding? I feel like a big slab of rotting beef. There isn't as much pain as I thought there would be, which is nice. I've been precribed some Tylenol 3 for pain relief, and they seem to be doing the trick.

All in all, it wasn't a horrible experience. The worst part was waking up at 6:30, being at the hospital at 7, and waiting two hours before anything of any significance took place. They tell me 7, so I am there are seven. Why didn't they just tell me to show up at 9:00???

Anyways, I cracked a few jokes before going under, which was nice. The doctors and nurses were laughing quite heartily. It was about 10:00 when I fell asleep, and shortly after noon when I awoke. Fortunately, my kind-hearted mother picked me up and drove me home from the hospital. I think I was a little goofy on whatever drug they put me down with. But she was patient and loving with me, like any good mother is.

Thanks to all who wished me well. It has been noted, and it will not be forgotten.