Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday Night Blues and Dutch Beer


It's Friday night, and that means Friday Night Blues and Beer over at Dust my Broom.

I for one am exceedingly grateful it is Friday. I've been bitterly sick all week, with cold and flu-like symptoms that just keep hanging around. Just when I think I'm getting better, the rotten virus pulls a fast one on my immune system and throws me for a loop again. Case in point: this morning. Blech. Not Nice.

Anyways.

Not only am I grateful it's Friday, but I'm really happy to be able to tune into the FNBnB. There is just something about the blues. I don't exactly know what it is, nor can I describe it in any sort of language that would be discernable. But it's the blues, man. The commenters at DMB seem to have a pretty good handle on it, though.

Last but not least, I'm really, really exciting about drinking this beer. Heineken. An old favourite. Zanstorm got me hooked on this years ago, and I've never forgiven him for it forgotten that. A nice refreshing lager with a unique flavour that goes down smooth. If anything can cure the common cold, this must be it.

I wonder if there is a poker game going on somewhere this evening...