Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Friendly Reminder

I received a picture from the wife of my good friend Zanstorm (of Waiting for Stanley fame). I've decided to spruce it up a little, as it seems my buddy has forgotten what country he is a citizen of. For some unbeknownst reason, Zanstorm has this quasi-love affiar with Russian hockey. From Kharlamov, to Tretiak, to Bure, to Mogilny, to Ovechkin: It's All Russia, All The Time with him lately. Normally I would dissociate myself from anyone who would commit such treasonous and treacherous acts against their country. And by rights, the original scandalous photo below contained so much vile and offensive material, that viewer discretion really should be advised. For him to be seen in this loathsome and reprehensible jersey really is beyond the pale. However, I still feel a kinship with the poor miserable sop, and as much as it irritates me, it is my obligation to at least try to steer him back on the straight and narrow path. Having said all of that, I present to you all a photoshopping portrait of beauty. Despite the filth of "CCCP" in the middle, the photo has been redeemed by three heroes of '72 (and one miserable failure of a goaltender, pictured bottom right). The final score of game 8 was 6-5 for Canada.




















Never Forget!

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.