Friday, September 10, 2004

Great idea for 9/11/04

Joel clued me in to a good idea for 9/11. I think everyone should observe a moment of silence at 8:46am on 9/11/04.

Also, I don't really have an intense story about where I was on 9/11/01. I was at the 7-Eleven in Smithers, B.C. working a morning shift. I started around 7 in the morning, and almost immediately customers started telling me about the craziness they had seen on t.v. (keep in mind, BC is three hours behind New York).

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but when I finally got home, I was horrified when I saw the footage. Three things stand out in my mind:

  1. How the planes simply disintegrated upon impact.
  2. The valor of the FDNY.
  3. Those who took their destinies into their own hands, and jumped from 90 stories.

******************************************************************************

As time has passed, my feelings about this event have only increased. This attack, although aimed at the USA, was a direct attack on everything I hold dear. It was an attack on my freedom. It was an attack denouncing democracy, denouncing liberty, denouncing opportunity, denouncing the very freedom that heroes fought and died so I can have.

And I will not forget what they have done.

Those who were responsible for the attacks have paid for it. They are paying for it as I write this, and they will continue to pay for it in the future.

Never Forget

Never Forget

Never Forget

The free world did not start this war, but we will win it. And to those who organized and cheered and laughed when the Towers fell: you will not win, but you sure will pay.

With men and women like these on our side, how can we fail?