Sunday, August 22, 2004

World Cup of Hockey

Here's a weird one... half of the games in the preliminary rounds of the world cup of hockey are being played in Europe. Actually, this is good news. It means that the games will span all hours of the day - which means more hockey for all of us, instead of having to stick to Canadian games only and follow scoreboards.

Ah yes...my views have undergone some change. You'll remember a while ago I decided to give Mario Lemieux the biz'ness, and I wrote something about how he would likely take a back seat to such players as Sakic and Iginla in terms of leadership (despite the fact that he has been made team captain). Well, since I wrote those unkind words about Mario, my feelings have been altered by nothing in particular, and now I'm really happy that he's leading our team. I guess I just remembered that he's a decent playmaker or something...um, yes...well...that's all.