Sunday, August 22, 2004

Can a finish be more bitter?

If anyone watched this match, you understand what I'm talking about. Some of the best beach volleyball of the olympics...mark my words. I happen to love beach volleyball....both playing and watching (at least, when the stakes are high...it's not so fun when nothing's on the line). But this match-up was fantastic. It was a nail-biter, to say the least, but it had a bitter ending. Canada was up 13 - 10 in set 3 of a split match, and they blew their lead and ended up trailing towards the end of the set. That was the story of this match...they always seemed to be playing catch-up, with the exception of the beginning of set 3. Anyway, I was very disappointed because I was expecting a medal from Child and Heese, but the volleyball gods had different plans, it would seem.