Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Will there be a day....

when Pei posts regularly, with more than one post a sitting? That is what I'm sure at least one person has asked in the course of my tenure as a blogger on this site. Admittedly, I would like to post more. But I'll admit also that the reasons I post so rarely are embarrassing. First of all, I spend very little time online (especially lately). In fact, I spend most of my online time reading Temujin's posts and links. The rest of it I spend checking out guitars and musical equipment... one of my primary hobbies. The rest of my spare time away from the office is spent either playing guitars, reading novels, walking by the river, swimming in the lake, or leaving Sardis (usually in the general direction of Vancouver). Secondly, I only really enjoy posting if I feel that I have something worth saying... and these moments are few and far between. People have commented that they enjoy my writing, but I feel adverse to writing just for the sake of writing. At times, I'll stumble upon a topic that interests me, and I'll ramble about it passionately for an extended period of time.... this is why most of my posts are so long. But I don't spend enough time online to be able to provide you all with great links like Temujin, and I'm not quite interested enough in American politics (nor can I get well enough beyond my marked contempt for Canadian politics) to spend a lot of time on that topic. Beyond these reasons, my only other complaint is that I prefer writing with a pen to paper over typing, so a lot of the material that I could be publishing here never makes it past my notebook. So, all I can say now is that I would like to post more, and there may be days when I seem to be post-happy, and other days when you wonder if I'm still alive.