Friday, July 02, 2004

More Mongering

I know I've harped on a lot about how much I love the way Monger writes, but I've just got to do it one more time. This guy is fabulous. I wish I could write this well. He is wise, thoughtful, and even eloquent in his writing. Lately he's been ranting a lot about the election, and what the Conservatives must do in order to win next time.

I have often mocked the Liberal party's overt opposition to ideology, because for me politics ought to be about ideas. My party's ideas are manifestly better than the other side's, and yet we keep losing. Time after time. Are Canadians just stupid? I guess I have always thought they are. They've got to be stupid! They keep voting Liberal!



Except they're not stupid.



You've got the read the whole thing. It is excellent.