Thursday, October 19, 2006

Home is where the sun is

I've returned safe and sound from Edmonton, and hope to post the pictures and do a complete round-up tomorrow. But for now, a few quick thoughts:

* The drivers in Alberta weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be. Sure, they are all over the road when they come to BC, but in their home province they seem to know what they are doing.

* It rained the whole way to Edmonton. It rained almost the entire time I was there. When it didn't rain, it snowed. It rained almost the entire way back, except through Jasper, and it finally cleared up around Vanderhoof.

* Although I consider myself a spiritual man, I don't put a lot of stock in the supernatural. Certainly not the psychic/demonic/witches/wiccan type of thing. But I am truly starting to feel cursed. Darn thing keeps following me too! I'm now 0 for 6 when watching the Canucks live. Lucky number seven on October 27th? SURELY NOT!

*People often refer to the "labour shortage" in Alberta right now, especially in Edmonton. Labour shortage? Let's call it what it really is: a small-business owners nightmare! Every single restaurant, fast food place, car dealership, clothing store and hardware store had "help wanted" signs posted. You have to see it to really believe it.

Evidence and full disclosurePhotos and more commentary tomorrow!