Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Blog Neglect

Back in the Saddle!

After a month of severe blog neglect, I think I'm finally ready, willing and able to get back to regular blogging. At the beginning of September, I spent some time at Huckleberry mine. That was quite a treat indeed. It's every bit as cool in person as it looks in the photo.

My Christmas and New Year's were also good. My dad bought me a watch with a Canucks logo in the middle. At first I was excited, but in the last two weeks my beloved 'Nucks have severely tanked. What is worse, is that I can honestly say the best player on their team has been Anson Carter. Anson Carter??? Sad but true. I'm not in panic mode like some folks, but there are several areas the team needs to address. Alright, I'll be honest, they need to address all areas. It really has been that bad.

I'm supremely happy to see Team Canada doing well at the World Juniors. As I write this, the semi-final game between the Good Guys and the Evil Finnish Empire is scoreless, six minutes through the first period.

I've been spending a lot of time reading and commenting on other blogs. Rick Barnes has always been nice to me, despite my constant trolling. Darcey never ceases to amaze me. The guy took like, four days off at Christmas, which was just enough time for me to realize just how addicted to his blog I truly am. Stephen Taylor, and Angry have been a dynamite tag-team duo on all things election-y. In my own riding of Bulkley Valley-Stikine Bulkley Valley-Skeena Skeena-Bulkley Valley, things have really been moving. There are signs all over the place for NDP incumbant Nathan Cullen and Conservative candidate Mike Scott. It is going to be a very tight race, with even Liberal candidate Gordon Stamp-Vincent knocking on doors in Smithers. I have not been called, approached, or had my door knocked on, but I doubt that will continue. The election is going to be the most interesting one I have been a part of.

Alright, that's enough personal stuff. Let the blogging commence.

Errr.

First thing tomorrow :-)

Update 5:10pm - The Link to Huckleberry Mine has been added, I forgot it before... d'oh!