Monday, June 13, 2005

Red Ensign Addendum

Two bits of housekeeping with regards to the Standard. I noticed that my title is wrong! Oops, it should be "Be Yours to Hold It High" rather than "Be it Yours to Hold High". Slight difference, but important nonetheless. However, I have not changed the title of the post, since that would wreck the permalink. But I noticed it, and am a little worried that no one else in the Brigade noticed/said anything...

They'll be a lot of us peeling potatos this week, I suspect.

As well, I mentioned my Grandfather in the Standard. Things have taken a turn for the worse. My dad went to visit him this past week. He said that for a couple of days, he was doing well, but the last two days his eyes were glazed right over and he was quite unaware of his surroundings. In my dad's words, "I don't think I'll ever see him alive again." Not much fun, not much fun at all.

Before my Grandfather's health got to this point, he asked my dad if I would be willing to take over the payments on his car. A year and a half ago he purchased a brand-new Chrysler to take the place of his older Intrepid. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I made the choice to sell my old clunker, and not replace it, in an attempt to save money this past year. It hasn't been too bad so far, and fortunately I have parents willing to lend me their car pretty much whenever I have asked. Of course, it would be nice to have my own set of wheels. So I have decided to take him up on his offer. There really wasn't much choosing to do, as it is one of his *last* requests. My Grandfather's exact words were, "I know he's the only one in the family who can afford it!" And it's true.

I guess being an eeeevil capitalist has paid off after all.

So, I will be taking a bit of time off towards the end of the month, and travelling to Victoria to pick up my new car.

A 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser.

Yeah, you read that right. Chick Magnet Deluxe. Errr... 65 year old chicks.
I've always liked older women.

I wish he would have kept the Intrepid!