Saturday, June 25, 2005

I would give my left testi....

What I wouldn't give to see this:

PINK FLOYD SET TO RE-UNITE


I've waited a long time to read those words.

For one-night only, the classic Pink Floyd lineup of Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason, and Richard Wright will reunite for the 1st time since 1982 to play Live 8.


What a great show it is bound to be. Wish I was there.

David Gilmour made the following statement:

“Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. It’s crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations.


Granted, David Gilmour's statement makes him look like a complete asshelmet. No outrage directed towards African despotic and dictatorial leaders, naturally. Nope, all America's fault.

Despite Gilmour's obvious perception deficit when it comes just how effective handouts are, I'm still ecstatic about the prospects of the reunion. I guess agree with Michele when she said,

Let me say this in a way so you can understand it, clearly and without questions: I. DO. NOT. CARE.

I hate, hate, hate when people expect me to boycott/ignore/protest against an artist I like because of their political leanings. I like to be entertained. Trent Reznor entertains me. He could be a card carrying commie for all I care, I like his music, just like I like Johnn Depp's movies, just like I prefer Heinz ketchup to any other kind, just like I still bought all the LotR movies even though Viggo is my political opposite.


Ever since I was a young boy, I've been a fan of PF. Often I wish that musicians would just shutup with the political commentary, but then again I'm really no more qualified than they are to speak.

If anyone wants to send me to Hyde Park in London to watch the show, I'll gladly go. And I'll sport one of these as well.
Just have to update my Amazon Wish List...

Update 4:31pm- Yeah, the King's Perspective seems bang-on to me.