Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I guess I can believe that

Well, my CRC friends will be happy:

You scored as John Calvin. Much of what is now called Calvinism had more to do with his followers than Calvin himself, and so you may or may not be committed to TULIP, though God's sovereignty is all important.

John Calvin

67%

Martin Luther

60%

Karl Barth

60%

Anselm

53%

Jürgen Moltmann

40%

Charles Finney

33%

Paul Tillich

27%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

27%

Jonathan Edwards

20%

Augustine

13%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com


I'm not entirely surprised by this. Although I am not a member of the Christian Reformed Church, some of my best friends are (or come out of) that denomination. They have influenced my thinking, and there are many things abou tthe Reformed Church that I appreciate. I have a definite disagreement with the "T" in TULIP (for you non-church type people out there, this will mean nothing to you), as well as the "L" for that matter. But I'm all about the Perservearance of the Saints.

Some of my favourite authors have a Reformed viewpoint: John Piper and James White both come to mind.

I always have to find disagreement with these quizzes, because I never quite know how to answer some of the questions. But, I guess God foreknew the result and set it up to be this way. Who am I to argue?

Stanley Cup Ring to Laura's Writings