Monday, September 20, 2004

Bizarre day in the news

I watched a newsstory today (sorry, no link found) about a 3-year old boy who called 9-11, rescuing his mother. She has a history of having a bad back, and was walking in her home when something popped in her back, sending her sprawling to the floor in tremendous pain. She managed to scream "call 9-11" to her three-year old boy before falling unconscious. The frightened boy picked up the phone and dialed, and told the operator that "my mommy has fallen". The operator collected the needed information, and help was on the way within minutes. It was a nice story that brightened my otherwise average day.
In other news, a man in Toronto attended, in living person, his own funeral. I dunno about you, but that seems a little odd to me. I must admit though, there is a certain appeal to it! I feel sorry for the poor guy in the casket... no one cares about him, and they'll probably never find out who he really is!
Oh yeah, and those stupid f*$%ing terrorist bastard ass-pirates have beheaded another hostage. I console myself with the fact that whoever did this will pay. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, but they will certainly pay. I'm so glad I don't belong to a culture of death.
Oh yeah, and 600 people died in Haiti from Hurricane Jeanne. I've known a number of people who have spend time in Haiti at orphanges and the like. The way construction is in that country, I'm surprised more people weren't killed. They never even stood a chance.