Sunday, August 29, 2004

One Track Mind

Eric at the Republican section of Watchblog discusses the broken record that is the Kerry Campaign:
Kerry's campaign continues to consist of a single qualification. Vietnam. For instance when responding to a candidate questionaire from Humane USA, the Humane Society Political Action Committee, Kerry wrote...

"I have always had pets in my life, and there are a few that I remember very fondly," Mr. Kerry replied. "When I was serving on a Swift Boat in Vietnam, my crewmates and I had a dog we called VC."

A dog called 'VC'? You know, so much of Kerry's life experiences seem to have happened in Vietnam. Please forgive me for being incredulous. But this sounds alot like other memories which were 'seared, seared into him.' Memories which make convenient stories for whatever political purpose is at hand.


"...so much of Kerry's life experiences seem to have happened in Vietnam". Amazing, since he was only there for four months! He's nearly 61 years old, and yet everything he says reveolves around a four-month period in the late 1960's. Does anyone else see a problem with this?